[OM] Re: Olympus Image Stabilization

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Image Stabilization
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:08:14 +1100
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> [...]
> The product manager I met mentioned something about it not
> being the first DSLR with live preview - that there was a
> clumsy attempt by someone like Kodak some years ago with a
> low res, B7W sensor. I missed it due to his strong Japanese
> accent and my unwillingness to admit ignorance - anyone know
> what it was?

I've found reference to the Fujifilm S3 Pro:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E330/E330A.HTM

"Two existing SLRs that do live preview are the Canon 20Da,
 built specifically for astronomy, and the Fujifilm S3 Pro;
 but both of these can only show a live preview for seconds,
 and then only in monochrome mode."

and:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/s3-pro.shtml

"Live Preview
 Unique among DSLRs, Fuji has implemented a live video preview.
 Frankly, it's of limited usefulness, since it's in B&W only,
 is only accessible from a menu (not a shooting setting), and
 last for only 30 seconds. But, it's a portent for the future,
 and some user's may find it of use."

Of course, there's always this:

http://www.zigview.co.uk/

It doesn't look like it's compatible with the E330
though; just the E300. ;-)

Oh, after Googling for a while, I couldn't find anything
on a Kodak "live preview" DSLR, so I gave up, because...
well, because I've a limited attention-span.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz