[OM] : Re: OT email

Subject: [OM] : Re: OT email
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 04:25:47 +1300
John Hermanson asked

> Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:24:16 -0500
> To those of you using macs, are both of these links highlighted when you
> see this email on your computer?
>
> www.zuiko.com
> http://www.zuiko.com
>
> A customer recently scolded me for not using the "http://"; , I told her
> it was considered redundant and not necessary. Maybe for some email
> programs, it has to be there.
>
> It's not needed for Firefox, Opera, OE.
> John Hermanson
On windows using Pegasus 3.12b the http is needed for the links to be live.
This version of Pegasus preserves the source code complete too if needed.
While it doesn't handle html letters and images as well later versions, I like
the address-book and previous history (which I use a lot) much better.
Pegasus is free.  Most mail I get with lots of images are rubbish anyway so I
don't care about how images are placed (or not) within the text.

Brian