[OM] Re: Balancing old and new material

Subject: [OM] Re: Balancing old and new material
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:58:43 -0400
Quoting NSURIT@xxxxxxx:

> Make a definitive portfolio of your SE Asia images.
>

> Buy an e-whatever and create new set of opportunities to find  balance.
>
> One thing you may learn along the way is how to edit and sent stuff to the
> trash can.  You could then go back and apply that concept to your film
> work.

I should've known that this list would suggest buying more Olympus gear is the
answer.

Seriously, the idea of making a definitive portfolio of the work makes a lot of
sense. I know I have contact sheets for some of the work, I'll have to make
sheets for the rest. Then I should take some time going through the proofs
(from the lab) and the sheets and really edit down the images I want to include
in the portfolio. Then I can toss all of the proof prints (possibly keeping some
of the better ones to show friends and family and save wear on the portfolio).
Then do some marathon printing sessions to get the portfolio prints done.

I'm thinking that if I were to make more of an effort to shoot some new stuff at
the same time then I might be able to break up some of the printing to try to
prevent burn out.