[OM] Re: Pen F/FT ownership - potential pitfalls

Subject: [OM] Re: Pen F/FT ownership - potential pitfalls
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:25:28 +1100
Martin wrote:
>Rick:
>Thanks. You are not the first to mention the film processing/printing
>aspect, but I had sort of forgotten about that. If I do get one of these, I
>imagine that I would work from scanned negatives. Such a camera would be a
>diversion, strictly for enjoyment and going "retro". It's an age thing, I
>suppose.

Hi Martin,

I have a small collection of Oly Pens (but not the SLR series).  I recently
put a roll of b&w film through my Pen EE-3 which by the way I reckon is
just perfect for street photography.

I developed the film myself (Kodak T-Max 100) then scanned the negs, here's
a small gallery that'll give you an idea of what results to expect -
http://dev-stop-fix.com/g_Street.php

The negs were scanned on a Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED film scanner and
the images were cropped to roughly 50% of the original frame.
Post-processing involved levels adjustment and sharpening.

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/