[OM] Re: E-330 Samples

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 Samples
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:21:53 -0500
This could get interesting.  From what I've observed, the main knock
against Olympus dSLRs has been noise at higher ISOs -- all the way
back to the E10 ("Great camera.  Too bad about the noise.").  Of
course, it's a problem that has plagued all the players in the
business.  And yes, I know about the trade-offs between noise control
and detail.  And perception and reality.

My point, and I do have one, is that Sony is still struggling with
noise at higher ISOs (see the new DSC-R1) and if Oly can deliver the
goods with the E-330, imagine what they'll be able to do with the E-2.
 Oh, well, I guess we have a head start on that; the E-330 results
give us basis for our flights of fantasy.  :D

ScottGee1