[OM] Re: ZD 18-180 [was e-330, is this what we have been waiting for fro

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 18-180 [was e-330, is this what we have been waiting for from]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:54:15 -0800
Maybe your bracing was too steady in VR or not steady enough with it
off? I know that they have a new generation VR on that lens, but I
have one with an earlier version and you do have to turn it off on a
tripod. The result is softness otherwise.

Then again there has been lots of discussion of high MP cameras
showing all the flaws of lenses people had been perfectly happy with.
Since this is a new lens though you would not think that was the
case. That is one thing to consider when hoping for a 10 or 12 MP E-1
successor. You will be stuck with buying only the better Oly lenses.
The consumer kit lens will not be an option unless you are just
willing to settle for smaller images with it or only using it at its
opitimum settings.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA