[OM] Re: 2/4 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 2/4 fragment of my day
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 19:05:04 +0000
Very nicely done.  The 50-200 is a great lens.  Of course, you must have -- I
repeat: must have -- the 1.4 TC to go with it.  If I weren't so lazy (and
busy), I'd post a few bluebird shots I took just a half hour ago out on the
deck hand-holding this combo on the E-1.  But I'm in charge of the chili, and
there's a Lady Vols BB game on the tube at 3:00 and the Super Bowl later, and
after "wasting" a half hour taking pictures, I'm about a beer and a half behind
schedule.

My only gripe with the 50-200 is the tripod mount.  It works fine on all my
tripods using the Cullmann QR plates, but it gets in the way with twisting the
zoom ring when hand-holding the lens.  I cure that the same way I make the
Tamron 80-200/2.8 comfortable to hand-hold: loosen the locking screw and turn
the damn tripod mount up to the top of the lens and out of the way.  Looks
weird, but it works.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from