[OM] Vintage E-1 matters and flash + OT dogz

Subject: [OM] Vintage E-1 matters and flash + OT dogz
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 15:07:31 +1300
Further to previous ...

In case my logic was faulty ( known to be sometimes ...) I taped over the
large central contact in the E-1 shoe.  The T20 would not fire. So I removed
the tape and cleaned the contact.  Fire ability re-established.

I set the camera to Manual, WB auto, EV adjustment set to normal, and at
1.5 metres, 1/100 sec, f/22, ISO 100, and I got a near perfect exposure on a
test shot.

So I'll run with that mode for the flower shots. I am keen to do them while the
blooms are so nice.

I'll do backup shots with Reala in the OM4Ti.

Had a very late night last night, at the emergency vet surgery. The little
border terrier who my wife & daughter had served 64 days ago ($1,000 for the
pleasure, thank you very much) was 2 days overdue, and contractions were
not forthcoming. So my daughter who has done a vet nursing course,
insisted on taking her to the emergency vet clinic at 10 pm. Great family
female ructions. (keep me out of that nonsense).

6 hours, one caesarian section and $1,200 later ( it won't be my 1200 !!) we
have a well little mother and a not quite so well very sturdy little boy puppy.
Breathing difficulties, and we had him on oxygen for about 40 minutes.
Possibly due to being over-cooked. Got to bed at 4am. 8 hours later there is
greater hope, but it's early days yet. More can happen.

Brian