[OM] Re: Repair of 1.4X-A Teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Repair of 1.4X-A Teleconverter
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:49:43 -0500
I found out, ALL about, the ball bearings, because I didn't have a parts
list, and I just HAD to take a cover plate off the inside behind the
front mount. Not as bad as the 35-70 3.6 but still made me slow down and
  retest my motor skills.
___________________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remove 'spam' when writing

DACattani@xxxxxxx wrote:
> This might be a less than subtle plug, but I just got back a repair from
> John Hermanson. Beautiful work, as usual. Here were his comments:
>
> "Your repair is complete....  What cleaning revealed is that  there was more
> fungus than was visible to the naked eye. If you're  ever tempted to take one
> of these apart, it's got about 150 ball bearings in  it!"
>
> The ball bearings answered a question I had about a rattling sound. It's
> much quieter now, and not a spot of that nasty fungus. And no, I will not be
> taking apart anything with 150 ball bearings.
>
> Another piece of Olympus glass saved from the scrap heap!
>
> Thanks John!
>
> Dave in Denver

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx