[OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon Scanner Advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:01:34 -0800
bartjew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>The Coolscan V restricts you to single-frame operation for mounted slides,
>though.
>That sorta blows, I guess, when you're facing a closet full of them....

The Canon FS2710 is like that too. The FS4000 does 4 at once. The
Minolta 5400 II does too.

I don't know why I missed this before. The photo-i review of the 5400 II
has some direct comparisons to the Nikon 5000
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Minolta%20Dimage/page-1.htm>.

Too bad AGs archives aren't on APS film. The FS4000 has a motorized APS
loader. Just stick it in, push the button and walk away. I don't have
many rolls of APS, but they are sure the most fun to scan....

Moose