[OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:59:59 -0800 (PST)
> But the main point of the criticism was that the similarly
> priced competition does offer IS and that the camera is
> non-competitive on that point.

Exactly. Another aspect is that the camera is very feature-rich
for the wrong buyer.  People buying these small-sensored cameras
aren't usually the type to use RAW.  Lot's of bells and whistles
totally lost on the target audience. Meanwhile, there is one
killer feature (image stabilization) that is woefully missing.
I don't think that it will be the death of the camera, though.
It still should sell like hotcakes.

Let's put it in perspective, though. Phil is a product reviewer
not a market analyst.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com