[OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:36:18 +1100
Not exactly - she lives on a different continent! But I purloined a
few images when she arrived for Christmas - Borneo was a stopover on
the way. I used a loan unit - it was shelf stock by the look.
Shooting at maximum extension and hand held, a test shot of a static
subject in bright sunlight was remarkably sharp. The Fuji S5600
(S5200 to you) by comparison was horribly soft. I was very surprised.
Of course, results in dimmer conditions might be a different matter.
I know that IS is a big selling point and I have seen survey data
that indicates that buyers are very happy to have it after purchase
(more important to them than they had estimated before purchase) but
I think it a bit overrated is all. Still, 'tis true that they'll have
to get it and Oly knows that.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.pbase.com/afildes