[OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:24:37 +1100
> Joao T. da Costa wrote:
> Sure you do. But how many people out there buy a P&S,
> never open the manual, and just shoot away in auto mode?

The inference is potentially quite accurate, Joao. ;-)

However, there's another aspect, which is that while
*they* may never open the manual, my experience is
that they quite frequently refer to someone who is "into
photography" for an opinion prior to their purchase.
*These* people refer to dpreview, et cetera, and make
their requested recommendations according to specific
and perceived requirements.

So, I think the "feature lists" of review sites still
serve valid purpose. One person's wanted and appreciated
feature is another's confusing combination of button
-pressing...but, if they want it, and it's there, then
they'll be happy.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz