[OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr

Subject: [OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:38:35 -0800
With an OM Zuiko having an angle of view of a 2x focal length lens when
mounted on the E-1, there aren't any OM Zuikos usable for wide angle shots.

A number of people have run into exposure issues particularly when shooting
wide open.

A slow lens isn't very easy to focus manually although Walt replaced his
focus screen and claims he can focus the 500/8 Zuiko on his E-1 (which I
have trouble focusing on an OM).

A number of people have been very happy with long telephoto lenses used on
the E-1. I was quite pleased with the results given with a Tamron 400/4 +
1.4x teleconverter.

I think it really comes down to a marketing position.
C*non seems to have gone forward with the position that their old film based
lenses will work on the new digital SLRs but...
Olympus seems to have gone forward with the posiotn that their old film
based lenses won't work on the new digital SLRs but...

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>

Heelloo,

I wonder why using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr isn't recommended. I just
wanna know the technical detail like 35mm lense angle doesn't work
well with 4/3 aperture ? or the image from 35mm lense is not correctly
aligned in 4/3 ccd ? ....It's must be a hard problem to fix so that
olympus abandoned the OM lense line. ?

-kem