[OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: New Oly SP500UZ gets scorched in dpreview
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:03:40 +0000
On 08/02/06, Nick Wilson <toona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I worry more about the lack of  IS with the long zoom for them. It
> didn't strike me until later, as I have never used IS except with a
> tripod etc. It rankles that a technological fix to poor photographic
> technique is the major selling point (or non-selling point in this
> case), but it might be better for many.

Indeed - I wonder if it would be possible now to sell a camera to the casual
amateur without an internal flash that has a "red-eye reduction" mode.
Probably not, not even if it had a simple and inexpensive way of getting the
flash off-camera where it's supposed to be to avoid the problem in the first
place.