[OM] Re: SanDisk Extreme III performance, was: Re: CF card prices

Subject: [OM] Re: SanDisk Extreme III performance, was: Re: CF card prices
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:09:15 -0600
It would be nice if one could find an Olympus camera on Galbraith's
list.  Oh well, the cross we bear.

I have several Ultra IIs that work very well, but in some ways my
favorite card is the Kingston Elite Pro.  I skipped the Sandisk and
recently picked up a 2GB Elite Pro from Buy.com -- with rebate
realized, about $100US and free domestic US shipping.  2GB does seem
to be the value point right now, or at least when I looked.

I have to admit that I don't ever clock my cards.  It was more of an
issue on the C8080, but the E-1 is usually telling me that the buffer
will take about 12 shots, even in RAW mode.  That's always been plenty
for me.

Joel W.