[OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr

Subject: [OM] Re: using 35mm lense with 4/3 dlsr
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:08:09 -0800 (PST)
> It is noteworthy that the 50/3.5 is the only standard Zuiko
> lens that Olympus say can be used at full aperture when used
> with the OM-adapter on E-series cameras (see list enclosed
> with the adapter). The other lenses that can be used at full
> aperture are the 180/2, 250/2, and 350/2.8., so it it in
> exalted company...

My 50/3.5 benefits from a one-stop bump to kinda clean up the
contrast a little bit.  Almost all of my older Zuikos are very
good one, two or three stops down.  Wide open there is just a
hint of contrast reduction and chromatic aberation.

The 24/2.8 on my E-1 is actually a pretty good combination, but
boy does it look dorky.  The 35/2.8 gives wonderful bokeh, the
100/2.8 is scairy-sharp and the 200/4 just keeps chugging along
like it was made to be used.  Oh, and the 35/shift is really a
great lens for doing panoramics with.

I'm going to do some controlled testing to verify this, but I
could swear that my older lenses have less perspective
exaggeration than the new lenses.  I'm wondering if the
columninated light pathway of "made for digital" is altering the
way the image is distorting on the way to the sensor.

Anybody else notice this?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com