[OM] Re: Incidence angle and digital sensors

Subject: [OM] Re: Incidence angle and digital sensors
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:59:47 -0600
On 2/9/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Many of us remember the Oly presentation that explained why OM
> > lenses would not be usable on a digital body.  To a certain
> > extent Canon and Nikon have shown it to be exaggerated, but
> > it is interesting to see the latest Luminous Landscape
> > article has a reference to colour shifting across the sensor.
>
> I do believe that they did stretch it a little bit, but it
> really is true.  However, in the case of the 4/3 sensor, the
> amount of it is very limited.  A full-frame 35mm definitely
> would be problematic if, say, the sensor used in the E-1 were
> FF, 35mm.

As I said in a different thread, I have also noticed the improvement
in color with DZ lenses. I have some doubts as to whether this is due
to telecentricity or just that the lenses incorporate improvements
that also are shared by late-model Zuikos like the 90/2 or 35-80/2.8
(the best of my Zuikos for color).  Maybe it's both.

Joel W.