[OM] Both butterflies and digital photos are free

Subject: [OM] Both butterflies and digital photos are free
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:21:58 +0000
It was my intention this afternoon to duplicate yesterday's E-1 and 500/8 Zuiko
bluebird photos with the E-1, 1.4X-A, and 300/2.8 Tamron, my hypothesis being
that the Tamron/1.4X-A combo, although 80mm shorter than the 500/8 Zuiko,
probably would have superior resolution and contrast, which should enable a
fair amount of cropping and still be more better than the CAT lens photos.  But
the weather started turning crappy, what with it getting windy and cold and
cloudy and making me think of better things to do indoors.  And besides, the
birds disappeared, so I didn't get any shots worth comparing.

But then, as my hands and feet starting getting cold, I thought up a new
experiment.  Instead of hooking up the 300/2.8 Tamron and 1.4X-A to the E-1
with the 4/3 adapter, what would happen if I plugged the 300/2.8 Tamron and 4/3
adapter into the Zuiko Digital 1.4 TC on the E-1?  I really don't think it will
be worth the effort, but who knows?  Anybody want to make a guess how bad or
weird it'll be?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from