[OM] Re: Photoshop bennies OT/LightZone

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop bennies OT/LightZone
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:12:57 -0800 (PST)
  Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  I had a go, admittedly quick, at this application, Tim. I could not
get the hang of it in the short time that I tried manipulating a
photo. In addition, I found the interface unattractive and, clearly,
unintuitive. But I did not approach it in the manner you describe
and so I probably did not give it a fair chance.

  Chris,
               Interesting you found it exactly the opposite of what is their
big claim: Faster,easier to learn and use and intuitive !

  I liked the demo and a number of people who had tried it, who are heavy duty
PS users, seemed to like using it.   They sold a number of copies on the spot.

  They are starting to put up some video tutorials on the website which may
help get people (back) to a non pixel painting world view?

  When the pc version ships I am intrigued enough to try it out.

  Tim Hughes