[OM] Re: om-2s, auto/manual light-metering don't agree.

Subject: [OM] Re: om-2s, auto/manual light-metering don't agree.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:51:24 -0500
Yes, Wayne is correct.  When in auto or program mode the 2s uses center
weighted averaging of the whole frame.  When in manual mode it uses spot
mode which sees only 2% of the area.  If you use a 1-4 or 2-4 screen the
spot metering area is indicated by the small circle in the center of the
screen.

I usually use my 2s's in manual mode and I treat the mode switch as a
metering mode switch.  Switch to auto mode to read the averaged exposure
and then switch back to manual for more control.

If you use program mode you should be aware that the camera cannot close
the lens to a smaller aperture than you have manually selected.  So,
unless you want to deliberately restrict the camera's options set the
lens aperture to f/16 or whatever is the smallest aperture for the lens
in use.

Chuck Norcutt