[OM] Re: om-2s, auto/manual light-metering don't agree.

Subject: [OM] Re: om-2s, auto/manual light-metering don't agree.
From: Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:10:13 -0600
>Yes, Wayne is correct.  When in auto or program mode the 2s uses center
>weighted averaging of the whole frame.  When in manual mode it uses spot
>mode which sees only 2% of the area.  If you use a 1-4 or 2-4 screen the
>spot metering area is indicated by the small circle in the center of the
>screen.

I don't know what type of my focus screen is. There're another focus
screen  in a box coming along with this om-2s, the box says 1-8.
However, it's possible that the original owner has already changed the
1-8 with the om-2s's factory focus screen. My question is what is the
type of factory focus screen on 2s ? Which one is better, between 1-8
and the factory's ? And how do I know what is what ?

>You must have film in the camera and your camera
>must be correctly calibrated for the OTF reading to match the CWA
>meter reading.

How to do that in 2s ? I've never heard about it.

-thanks
kem