[OM] Re: XD 512 Card

Subject: [OM] Re: XD 512 Card
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:10:36 +1100
More than that. The new genuine Oly xD cards when used with an Oly
cam are claimed to be three times faster, enable the panorama option,
provide 'art effects' and also have a 3D option which can be printed
in a style reminiscent of the old Nimslo lenticular cameras. Four
items in all - quite a clever way of getting people to buy genuine
parts.
Next, perhaps they'll come up with a similar scheme to convince
people to pay their quite astonishing price for the E system battery
which, to me, looks like the BP-511 in my Canon with a different
contact set. Perhaps it provides a better class of electrons,
guaranteed to be fully compatible.
AndrewF