[OM] Re: XD 512 Card

Subject: [OM] Re: XD 512 Card
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:26:35 -0800
A few questions, Andrew.

Will those xD cards speed up older Oly cameras or just particular new
ones?

How does one tell a new card from an old one? Do they have a special
designation?

As you are probably aware the D200 has a new battery with an extra
terminal that allows a more accurate assessment of the remaining
charge as well as how much life remains in the battery after long
term use. Unhelpfully the information is hidden in the menu. It seems
to be the hot new feature although I can't imagine going out without
a spare battery and in that case an accurate battery assessment is
redundant.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA