[OM] Which equipment to Thailand?

Subject: [OM] Which equipment to Thailand?
From: orava@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:53:43 +0200 (EET)

I just made a reservation on my very first trip to Thailand. We'll be there in
May. But allready now I am desperately pondering which cameras and lenses to
take with me.

Here are some facts about my photography habits:
-macroing bugs is THE thing
-next best thing is 21 mm scenery photos
-evertyhing between them two ;-)

Here are some facts about my equipment:
-OM-10
-OM-4Ti
-E1
-21/3.5
-28/2.8
-35/2.8
-50/1.8
-50/3.5
-90/2.0
-135/3.5
-Zuiko Digital 14-54
-T32
-FL36
-etc.

First I thought that I would take only OM-10, 21/3.5, 50/3.5 and 135/3.5 and 30
rolls of slide film. Then I thought "Who am I kidding!" I can not survive
without 90/2.0!!! But on the other hand digital body would be nice too. But
again, is it safe to take all those toys there? Will they get robbed? Will they
get wet? Will they get sandy? Help! Too many variables in this equation!!!

Now I am thinking of this set:
-OM-10 (I do not dare to take OM4Ti, it is even more precious to me than E1)
-E1 & 14-54
-21/3.5
-50/1.8 (to have a quick lens for low light conditions)
-90/2.0
-FL36

I am sure that I can not carry all this all the times. I just must have to trust
some stuff to the hotels receptions safety box. Some days will be digital, some
will be traditional - depending on where we'll be visiting.

Any more thoughts?

Ollli