[OM] Re: My T-45 behaves!

Subject: [OM] Re: My T-45 behaves!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:59:04 -0800
Johan Malmström wrote:

>My T-45 has started to behave.

Johan,
  Your English is so good, I never think of you as not like a native
speaker.

However, this time, you have usage just a little bit off. Your subject
indicates that your T45 is operating properly. With the exclamation
point added, I thought maybe you had posted before about it misbehaving
and it was now OK.

The noun behavior is neutral as to good or bad and needs an adjective to
indicate the nature of the behavior. Without an adverb to modify it, the
verb behave implies "good" action(s) (whatever that may be in context)
and the verb misbehave applies to "bad" action(s).

You could say "My T45 behaves poorly!" or "My T45 is misbehaving!".

Afraid that's all I can do here. I know nothing about the T45. :-(

Moose