[OM] Re: Which equipment to Thailand?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which equipment to Thailand?
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:56:15 -0400
Quoting orava@xxxxxxxx:

> Still on the other hand we'll be staying there for only 3 weeks, so can some
> moist air do any harm to a camera in that time? (Supposed that I dont play
> soccer with the camera ;-)

If it's just 3 weeks I wouldn't worry too much about moisture. If you're rooms
have AC then that will help a lot for overnight storage. Pack some silica gel
in your camera bag for piece of mind.

> The more I think about it the more I am convinced that I must take the
> 90/2.0
> with me. But if (and when) I do so, will I still be taking 135/3.5? It gives
> some more reach, but adds weight. I think I'll leave 135 home...

I'd suggest leaving the 135, it's not that much extra reach. Add a 2x converter
if you have one and that would turn the 90/2 into a 180/4 when you need to.

I meant to ask where you're heading in Thailand?