[OM] Re: Opinion on scans/prints made with Fuji Frontier 350

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinion on scans/prints made with Fuji Frontier 350
From: Don Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:40:12 -0800 (PST)
The Fuji Forntier system gives terrific prints of my digital files
every time.  I have not tried letting them scan my slides as I do
that myself.  Slide scanning takes some fiddling with settings for
each one, based on my experience, so I am not sure how well they will
be able to do this in an automated process.  When I give them a
digital file to print, I request "no adjustments" so they print it
exactly as my file has been tweaked by me.  What I get back matches
my monitor nearly exactly.

--- usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The lab I have used for 15 years is not doing well and his Agfa
> equipment he optically used to make prints requires a new board for
> 8K.  He is unlikely to repair this.  He scans the neg or slides and
> then prints them from a so-so scan.  I am not sure I want to use
> the scans for the OO either.
> The color balance has been off as well as some ? degradation of
> resolution.  I do not wish to take my OO film to him until he sorts
> out the problems.  Another lab fairly close by has the above
> mentioned laser scanner system. A standard slide scan is $.90/
> slide and "high Res" $8.00/scan. Apparently this machine only takes
> mounted slides and thus the increased cost.---I  do not know the
> resolution though it generates about a 12 MB file.  I trust this
> technique is fine, though interested in an opinion before trying
> them.   Thanks.
>   (www.digitalinfocus.com)
> Mike

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com