[OM] Re: E-330 sensor technology, was: Re: (OM) Predictions, by Thom !

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 sensor technology, was: Re: (OM) Predictions, by Thom !!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:22:53 -0500
I dunno but I've seen is said several places... that it's MOS which is
NMOS.  Perhaps it's a further development of something they called
vMAICOVICON back in 2004.  They don't really say what it is except that
it ain't CCD nor CMOS... just something better.
<http://www.panasonic.co.jp/semicon/technology/e-presen14/micoe.pdf>

They were touting it for camera phones back then.  Low voltage, low
power, greater proportion of surface area devoted to photo sensitive
area, simplified manufacturing process, readily scalable.  Maybe it has
grown larger by now.

Chuck Norcutt