[OM] Re: Double Exposure with Om-F; or, my new OM5?

Subject: [OM] Re: Double Exposure with Om-F; or, my new OM5?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:15:21 -0400
Depressing the shutter button part way on the OM2000 is what turns the meter
on. (Being fully mechanical, of course the camera is really never on or off
other than the meter. Having to keep the shutter button depressed to see the
meter is a rather aggravating feature of the OM2000.) The modification
merely allows the shutter button to be depressed without the winding lever
standing off at a slight angle (eye-poker). The modification only turns over
a washer with a bump, that originally engaged a groove in the shank of the
shutter button, which prevented it being depressed when the winding lever
was fully ahead. I suppose it was meant to prevent battery drain if the
button was under some pressure in the camera bag.
Wayne.