[OM] Re: OlympusUSA

Subject: [OM] Re: OlympusUSA
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:11:24 -0500
Yep, though only on some things - the exotica and items that are less
common. The price of OM bodies and the common lenses/accessories, does seem
to be dropping gradually. I have noted one or two other sellers seem to be
following his lead. We mentioned one last week with "optimistic" prices. I
noticed another - one that I had bought a couple of things from in the past
- and he/she now seems to be suffering from the same optimism.

Luckily, the seller who is the subject of this thread has nothing I NEED (as
opposed to want/would like, which is another matter altogether). I simply
scroll down the ebay lists and move on. I noticed that an "Alex" tried to
buy the poorly identified 35-80/2.8 that sold on the weekend (somewhat
cutely asking if there was a BIN price). He was outbid. I also noticed
another alias on the prowl....

wasn't the official Oly site. Eventually, the light came on.... It is true
that he doesn't state he's Olympus; however, he does nothing to dispel any
such impression either.

Martin