[OM] Re: tamron 80-200mm f2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: tamron 80-200mm f2.8
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:35:29 -0500
You can also translate Japanese to English using
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

eg,

SP 80-200mm F/2.8 LD

30A The large aperture telephoto zoom of 80-200mm which is proud of
the high performance.
Because in this class it is brightest F2.8, the single step fast
shutter is cut off vis-a-vis the subject where the movement is
fast.
The LD lens (the special low dispersed glass) with adoption,
removing chromatic aberration to the extremity.
High optical efficiency is concealed.
The high resolving power which at zoom all is superior and the
color reproducibility whose  is good are shown.

Specifications

    * Model name: 30A
    * Mount:  2
    * Focal length: 80-200mm
    * Open F value: 2.8
    * Lens constitution: 16 12 groups
    * Smallest contraction: 32
    * Shortest photographing distance: 1.5m
    * Zoom type: Straight advancing system
    * Maximum photographing magnification ratio: -
    * Filter diameter: 77mm
    * Hood: 82FH
    * Weight: 1359 g
    * Maximum diameter X total length: 81.8mmx178mm
    * Price: ¥143,000
    * Sale time: 1985
    * Production end: 1992

* Meaning of mount column
Exchange mount for  2 = manual focusing 35mm single-lens
reflex.

* The weight largest diameter X total length column is numerical
value at the time of the Nikon mount installing.

* As for the descriptive text they are the contents which are
stated in the catalog of sale that time.

tOM

On 20 Feb 2006 at 13:55,
Jeff Keller <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Take a look at
> http://www.hemy.me.uk/Miscellany/TamronMFLenses.htm
>
> It shows a single version made from 1983 to 1992 but keep in mind
> the table is for manual focus lenses. Some Tamron lenses were made
> in autofocus mounts long after the manual focus was discontinued.
>
> -jeff
> (Piers put up the translation of the Japanese page
> http://www.tamron.co.jp/data/a2-lens/mflens.htm)

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<,         Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633
CfSC representative on Ottawa Roads and Cycling Advisory Committee
Citizens for Safe Cycling director
CfSC Cycling Safety & Promotion Chair
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair
for the future of the human race."  ~H.G. Wells