[OM] [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:22:48 -0700
**HEAVY SIGH**

Well, try as I might, I'm unable to find any info on whether Oly's
planning on announcing a new pro-level digital at PMA 2006.  And yes,
I know it's just a few days away, but I'm really starting to get
annoyed with Oly's "strategy" (if you can call it that) of never
pre-releasing announcements, particularly when I see this A.M. that
Canon's just announced the 30D as well as a totally bitchin' 85mm
L-series F/1.2 EF portrait lens.

The E-1 was announced mid-2004, with retail availability around
November of that year.  Two-and-a-bit years on, and
nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Squat.  Bugger-all.  Sweet F-A.  Not a
sausage.  *Please* don't talk to me about the E-300/500/330.  They're
distractions for me.  I want a new E-X body!

And yes, I *am* whingeing.  Honestly, if Oly doesn't announce a new
pro-level body at PMA, that's it.  I can't wait any longer, and I'll
probably never have the dosh on hand to make a system commitment ever
again.  And once I'm locked in, I'm basically drinkin' the Kool-Aid
all the way for whatever system I ultimately choose.

Has *anyone* heard *anything* that doesn't amount to complete
freakin' unsubstantiated rumour?  Or has Oly completely, utterly and
finally confirmed to me that they're totally tone-deaf when it comes
to the desires of their potential high-end consumers?  I've been a
customer of theirs for almost three decades, but this is ridiculous.

Inquiring minds want to know.  NOW, dammit!

Garth

(Sorry, I'm really, REALLY grumpy this morning...)