[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:59:38 -0700
At 09:33 AM 21/02/2006, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Garth Wood wrote:
> > Honestly, if Oly doesn't announce a new
> > pro-level body at PMA, that's it.
>
>I know the feeling, I've also been waiting for a new E-1.  I don't need
>IS, >10MP, but an 8MP E-1 that was updated to current standards (AF
>speed, write speed, ...) would have been great.  Same thing for the
>14-35/f2.  If that combo would've been available, I would probably have
>bought it.
>
>However, it isn't, so I've made the switch.

[snip]

'Preciate the input, but I'm not interested in any more film-based
cameras/systems.  I've got a great Oly OM system with lots of nice
lenses, and unless I can drive it there, I can't take it anywhere
without some security goon and his gong show nuking it 'til it glows
and then shooting it in the dark just to be sure, and then demanding
that I put it in with the checked baggage so some eighteen-year-old
luggage-monkey with an iPod permanently implanted in his brain-stem
can drop-kick it across the tarmac at some airport or the local Mafia
or biker gang can abscond with it and try to re-sell it to me on ePay
six days later.

I use film *locally*, and that's *it*.  I've already got a
KonicaMinolta A1 (perfectly adequate for non-serious and semi-serious
stuff, and it's ultra-compact for when you have to get on a plane
with it), and I want a serious pro-level system with some staying power.

Olympus has to show me, at PMA 2006, that they're prepared to "love
me long time."  Otherwise, Canon's basically gonna own my soul until I die.

Lord Thunderin' Jesus, what does it take to wake these twits up to
what's happening in the market around them?

Garth