[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:27:14 -0500
Based on an interview with a Japanese Oly executive I read some time ago
(sorry, I didn't save the URL) I read between his lines and came to the
conclusion that PMA will see an announcement (but no actual hardware)
for delivery sometime later this year.  Just as with the E-330 they've
been waiting on the right sensor.  I think 8MP will be enough (witness
the new 30D) but if it doesn't have noise performance close to the Canon
(within 1 stop) I think they'll be dead meat.  I found it very
interesting that Canon didn't go above 8MP on the 30D.  Good low noise
sensors are their strong point and I think they must not be able to
maintain the 20D's performance above 8MP.  It could also be that they've
been waiting for Canon to show their hand.  Is the megapixel race
finally over?

Chuck Norcutt