[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:06:28 -0800
The "buzz" is that there might be an announcement of some kind, or not, but
the actual camera won't be around until Photokina in the fall.  The hot new
Oly body is the E-330 with live preview.

Me, I want a nice fast normal prime for the E-1 I've already got.  A 25/1.4
or at least a 25/2.  There are a few people over on the dpreview Oly DSLR
forum who ridicule that notion whenever it's brought up.  They think primes
are passe, zooms are now just as good, and who needs faster than f/3.5 when
you've got flash?  Some [censored] idiot posted a computerized vignetting
chart of the C*non 50/1.4, and used it as evidence why Olympus shouldn't
produce a fast prime.

Perhaps such people know lots about computers and nothing about
photography.  Aaargh.

--Peter