[OM] Color Management (OT)

Subject: [OM] Color Management (OT)
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:00:26 -0500
Color management question for members who speak Picture Window Pro 3.5, with
a little Photoshop CS2 thrown in. . .

I enabled color management in CS2, and the results are just short of
stunning when compared with same shots printed through PWP 3.5 with color
management disabled. I've sorted through the docs, and the drop downs, tried
to enable PWP's color management in order to try to get the same range of
color that CS2 is producing from the same file. So far, no luck. What I get
when I print from PWP with color management enabled is a muddy, dark and
overly greenish print that in no way resembles the original.

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I know in CS2 there are a number of
choices to make that allowed me to specify my printer, the custom profile
for the paper, etc., but I can't get that to work in PWP. Would be nice if I
could, because there are a couple of areas in PWP that are very useful to me
in my business, including (but not limited to) Layout, which allows me to
quickly produce lots of smaller prints which are matted to 5x7 and sold by
the bushel baskets full.

Anyone with a notion of what I'm doing wrong is welcome to reply. As it's
kinda off the Oly topic, feel free to go back-channel.

Thanx,

--Bob