[OM] Re: New Sigma lenses for 4/3

Subject: [OM] Re: New Sigma lenses for 4/3
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:18:01 -0700
Ali wrote:
> Sigma APO Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM
> http://www.ephotozine.com/news/fullnews.cfm?NewsID=2722
>
>  Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
> http://www.ephotozine.com/news/fullnews.cfm?NewsID=2721

  Interestingly, both of these go to 1:1. (whatever that means in 4/3
terms [1]). I can't imagine trying to _use_ a 300mm equivalent lens at
1:1, though -- it's tricky enough framing things with a 50mm, so a 300mm
would just be ridiculous, not to mention getting any sort of focus
and/or image shake issues.

  A tripod would solve the latter two, but you'd really need a geared
head to frame things properly, as far as I can see. Maybe I'm just being
pessimistic, and having a lens that'll focus closer is always nice if
it's available, of course.

  -- dan