[OM] Re: zuiko 1,2 50 mm

Subject: [OM] Re: zuiko 1,2 50 mm
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:03:54 -0700
At 08:04 AM 26/02/2006, Hans-Otto Dahmen wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I have bought a Zuiko 1,2/50mm. The lenses body is dark red (like an
>aubergine) nearly black but not quite. Is this normal or is this a
>special edition?

Hans:

I wouldn't worry about this too much.  My 50/1.2 (ser. no. 1163xx),
which I bought new from B&H Photo seven years ago, could, I suppose,
be described as being a dark aubergine fading to black depending on
the light you're viewing it under.  In most cases, I'd just call it
"black."  Still takes the same quality of pictures, I imagine.  ;-)

Garth