[OM] Re: E500 in auto mode in bright sun and snow

Subject: [OM] Re: E500 in auto mode in bright sun and snow
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:50:55 +1100
John Hudson wrote:

>In brightly lit snowy surroundings one opens up a film camera by a stop or
>more to compensate for false meter readings.
>
>When using an E500 is auto / point and shoot mode is there a rapid access /
>easy to use method of opening up by a stop to compensate for the false meter
>reading?
>
>I was travelling along the northern shore of Nova Scotia yesterday afternoon
>taking shots of the frozen harbours and coastline using the E500 with the
>14 - 40 lens and a slim SMC circular polarizer. The under exposure can be
>rectified in PhotoShop but it would have been better to have increased the
>exposure by a stop.
>
>Is there any advice out there from the world of E500 experts for this
>neophyte digital user?

Hey John, I finally learned this a few days ago so I'm all excited to share
my knowledge!  ;-)

Next to the shutter release is a little button with +/- on it.  Hold that
down while rotating the control dial and watch the screen on the back of
camera.  It lets you set the exposure compensation.  But don't ask me how
much compensation to set because I don't know what snow is.

Andrew McPhee