[OM] Re: [Digital] It's over

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] It's over
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:55:28 -0600
Well, I do have a friend that has a D200 (and I don't think the delivery
time is as long as December)), so I will have a chance to try one, but the
fortunate thing is that I don't feel a compelling need to go digital. I can
see where it would simplify part of my life, but complicate others.

I will give Panasonic credit for the aperture and shutter speed settings.
That's something that I'd like to see in a digital, rather than the thumb
wheel thingies. Otherwise, although I've not seen one, the 330 features
totall leave me cold. The 300 doesn't fall to my hand as well as the 500,
and the viewfinders, while brighter than expected, were at the end of a very
long hallway. If they came out with an E500 body around 10mp, I would
consider it, especially if the Leica lens turns out to be something to go
with the aperture ring.

Guess I'm saving money...

Bill Pearce