[OM] Re: [Digital] It's over

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] It's over
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:05:58 -0800 (PST)
I, for one, am excited!  Although I understand and can
appreciate Garth's situation I am continuing to maximize my
photo gear investment and pushing it well beyond the original
design intent.

The E330, Panasonic and Leica tie-ins is a cat's meow for me.
Yes, I want that Panasonic something fierce.  No PASM!!!!!!!
Can it be?  Is that actually a aperture ring on that lens? WOW!
Hog heaven!

Why I can justify sticking with 4/3 system:
1. Existing investment in lenses, both old and new
2. Lens compatibility with existing film system (hybrid use)
3. Image h/w ratio.  (I dislike the 35mm 2x3 ratio)
4. Subtlety.  The E-1 is quiet and smooth.
5. Lens roadmap. Someday, these lenses will be available used!
6. New Panasonic body.  Youza that's beautiful!
7. Maintenance free shooting.  Nuf said.
8. Image color.
9. I save a lot of money not upgrading cameras every six
minutes.
10. Ergonomics.  This is the trump card for me.  If I can't hold
onto the camera, it doesn't matter how good of an imager it has.
11. Bokeh.

I'll continue to chug away with the 4/3 system until I'm forced
kicking and screaming to change.  I honestly don't see myself
going to either Nikon or Canon, though.  For me, I'll probably
end up with a medium-format digital.  I'll probably be locked
into 4/3 until 2010.  Just maybe the consumer level E-bodies
will suffice for incremental imaging improvements while still
using an E-1 like camera for the bread-and-butter images.

I proposed a new photographic business opportunity to the CDFO a
couple of days ago and according to my initial calculations,
this one opportunity, but itself, should provide almost 100% of
our current household income.  Best part of it all?  The E-1 or
even the E330 is a PERFECT match.

You see, as long as a system, no matter what it is, meets your
requirements just why would you switch?  But in Garth's case,
I'd suggest investing in a different brand and embrace it
wholeheartily.  I have a lot of Olympus "baggage".  It's a
little harder for me to jump on a different train without losing
something under the wheels.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com