[OM] Re: [Digital] It's over

Subject: [OM] Re: [Digital] It's over
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:14:45 +0000
I understand the difficulty in choosing and sorting out a system when things
are so uncertain and change so unexpectedly.  I've decided to just hold on to
what I've got and see how it all shakes out.  Here's my digital outfit, as
copied and pasted, minus serial numbers, etc., from the database where I keep
track of such stuff:

Olympus E-1 camera body
Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm f/2.8~3.6 zoom lens w/hood & case
Olympus Zuiko Digital 7-14mm f/4 ED zoom lens w/hood & case
Olympus Zuiko Digital 50-200mm f/2.8~3.5 zoom lens w/hood & case
Olympus Zuiko Digital 50mm f/2 macro lens w/hood & case
Olympus RM-CB1 remote cable release
Olympus Digital EC-14 1.4X teleconverter
Olympus Digital EX-25 extension tube
Olympus FS-FC1 macro flash controller/STF-22 twin flash w/case
Olympus RF-11 ring flash
Olympus FR-1 macro flash adapter ring for 50mm f/2 macro lens
Olympus FL-50 electronic flash
Olympus FL-20 electronic flash
Olympus FL-CB05 shoe mount TTL flash cable
Quantum CO5 Turbo cable for FL-50 & FS-FC1 electronic flash
S.B.M. supreme light diffuser 0103
Olympus Digital VA-1 Varimagni angle finder
SabDisk Extreme III 1gb CompactFlash card
SanDisk Ultra II 1gb CompactFlash card
Olympus OM-4/3 adapter
Katz Eye split image focusing screen

Plus I've got a ton of "old" OM gear that works very well with the E-thing.
Some of you would probably say I'm stuck.  I say I'm set.  And I'm not even one
of those annoyingly optimistic and cheerful and desperately needing to be
smacked "the glass is half full" airheads.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --