[OM] Re: Leica version of LC-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Leica version of LC-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:53:58 -0800
John Hudson wrote:

>Why not just invest in the real thing seen here:
>
>http://www.thecamerastore.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=16372

Hey, wait a minute, this thread was about an SLR! Beautiful as that
mechanical thingie is, it's a rangefinder, and some of us, well, perhaps
me especially, don't like RFs. I've put up with the XA for years for its
other unique qualities, but that's it!

A Leica RF is to me sort of like a lovely mechanical stop watch. I have
one. Occasionally, I run across it and carry it around for a bit, leave
it lying about in sight, pick it up and start and stop it while admiring
the mechanical and really precise feel/look of the action. But I never
actually use it to time anything. And it's a lot cheaper bit of
mechanical precision that I won't use for any practical purpose than is
a Leica RF. I can use a nice CLAed OM-1 for the mechanical "fix" (mmm,
lovely) every so often, AND I can use and enjoy it for picture taking too.

A possibly minority opinion from,
   Moose