[OM] Re: Leica version of LC-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Leica version of LC-1
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:21:20 +1100
Indeed. There has been a whisper about an M7D or DM7 or whatever for
some time but it is unlikely that this would do the job with M-mount
lenses as there is too much distance required between the sensor and
the mount in order to accomodate even a small mirror. And I can use R
lenses on a Canon anyway with the same functionality that they would
have on this.
As to the product differentiation between Leica and Lumix versions of
the same camera - I owned both a Digilux 1 and the Lumix version and
far preferred the Leica - body design was different, simpler, more
intuitive and the images were better (they claimed better firmware).
However I was unable to distinguish any difference between the new D-
lux 2 and the Lumix LX-1 apart from some body cosmetics.
AndrewF