[OM] Re: Solar eclipse photo advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Solar eclipse photo advice
From: Olaf Greve <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:32:45 +0100
Hi,

> An eclipse is coming up in four weeks time.  Those rsident in northern S.
> America, North Africa, Turkey, Caucasus and  Central Asia have a treat in
> store.  As have those planning to make a trip...

Darn! I was to live in Venezuela by then, but stuff intervened...:(((

Sounds like the 3rd time I'll miss out on a total eclipse by a very
close margin. The other two times being in February 1998 there was one
in Venezuela, 2 days before I got there, and the other one was the one
in Europe in 1999, when I actually travelled to the totality zone
(Luxemburg), but when the only 'visible' solar eclipse was formed by the
clouds. :(((
Oh well, I did get to see it turn dark all of a sudden during the day
that time, but still, that must be hardly the same as seeing the stars
and the eclipse itself... Bummer...

BTW: is there a good site yet showing the totality zone?

Cheers,
Olafo