[OM] Re: fine grain B/W film (was: [OM][OT] Re: Leica version of LC-1)

Subject: [OM] Re: fine grain B/W film (was: [OM][OT] Re: Leica version of LC-1)
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:37:51 +0100
Hi Andrew,

Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Tech-Pan? Or a faster lens? You can get the 55mm f2.8 Industar 61 L/D
> for $10-20 and it's a very good lens - if you get a good one that's
> not too gummed up.

Well, I'll just stick to what I have now, because it'd be a hassle to
try to acquire another lens here.  And the 50/f3.5 collapsible is quite
charming: I liked the colours it produced on my test roll.  But it just
feels like the camera would be great to do B/W on, so I'll give that a
try first.

About Technical Pan: you know it's been discontinued ?  They advise TMax
100 as an alternative (with selected developers :-S).  I don't want to
develop the film myself, as I need my time for other things.  So I'll
probably try FP4 as Patrick suggested.  Still open for other
suggestions, though.

Peter.