[OM] Re: Solar eclipse photo advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Solar eclipse photo advice
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:46:50 +0100
Le mardi 28 Février 2006 16:19, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :
> It was intended that way.  Glad it got a grip on you.  However, nothing
> I can write can adequately portray the awe of a total eclipse.  Have you
> seen a partial solar eclipse.  Even one approaching totality?  You ain't
> seen nothin' yet my friend.  The difference is as between a little
> firecracker and a hydrogen bomb.  Truly awesome.

Having seen one a couple of years ago (11th aug. 1999, path of totality on
northern France), I concur with your depiction of the event. Perhaps the most
chilling effect, in all meanings of the word, is the sudden fall of the
temperature ; makes the crowd almost shivers. You can feel in your flesh that
something "important" is happening, just like when the music stops in an
horror movie. Except it is real.

--
Manuel Viet