[OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it ...

Subject: [OM] Re: Wouldn't you know it ...
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:50:39 -0500
Might be unique to the Big Box stores here in the U.S.?

I'm on my second Canon printer.  Barely used the first and haven't
even opened the second (use commercial labs for my printing now) but
know I can take it back for value against another purchase.  Warranty
itself cost ~US$30 if I recall correctly.

They changed it in recent years to limit it to one use, i.e., each
time it's used you're forced to rebuy the warranty.  In the good old
days it was completely covered for the duration of the warranty no
matter how many times it had to be fixed/replaced.

ScottGee1