[OM] Q: Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon

Subject: [OM] Q: Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:11:12 -0600
My brother and I will be hiking down to Phantom Ranch in the Grand
Canyon and will spend two nights down there.  We'll have a full day
down there to hike around and shoot.

I *think* that these are the options:  1) Hike up the Kaibab Tr (which
is the way we will be coming down the day before);  2) Hike up the
Bright Angel Tr ( which is the way we'll return to the South Rim the
next day;  and  3) Hike up the Bright Angel Creek Tr towards the North
Rim.

I think it might make sense to do 3) and hike along the North Rim
trail.  Has anyone hiked this trail?  What might we expect?

One of the considerations is whether to take the tripods (both heavy
Bogens) down.  If I knew that there were waterfalls, I might be
inclined to do that.  Otherwise not.

Any suggestions about vantage points from Phantom Ranch will be very
much appreciated.

Joel W.